1972 Schwinn CatalogOriginal text and images of the 1972 Schwinn sales brochure. The text below, including the prices, are as written in 1972.
1972 Schwinn Catalog
Come on in ... the cycling is fine!
The 1972 Schwinn bike book is dedicated to bicycling . . . through out the book you'll find pictures of happy riders taken
in many parts of the United States . . . just a sampling of the new, now life of bicycling.
Schwinn, invites you to join with over eight million Americans you each year discover the joy of "getting there under you won power" on a bicycle.
In just the past few years millions of enthusiastic adults have joined the youthful cyclists in sharing the benefits of the out-f-doors.
You see them everywhere- in cities, on the open road, on campuses, in parks, and on the growing number of bicycle paths throughout our beautiful land. Isn't it time for you???
Students enjoy cycling as part of their daily life for fun as well as a practical means of getting about the huge University of California campus at Irvine. Safe, convenient bike paths make the going easy from point to point throughout area.
They haven't lost their way -- bike trails are clearly marked where ever they go -- but they are looking forward to
their next adventure along the Cross- Wisconsin Bike path near Sparta, Wisconsin.
The path runs along bubbling streams, over roads via trestles, and through the hills by tunnels. The hard cinder path is laid out over an abandoned railroad right-of-way . . . picturesque and beautiful.
FIRST STEP IN SELECTING YOUR NEW BIKE . . .
Experienced cyclists will all agree -- see a reliable bicycle sales and service dealer . . . your nearby Factory Authorized Schwinn Dealer. He's a bike expert who know the available models (Schwinn manufactures over 60 with over 300 options). Your Schwinn Dealer will help you with the selection of the right bike for you needs, assemble it, adjust it, and fit it to you comfort at no extra charge. Later on, when you need service he'll take care of that, too. Friendly, helpful service is his business, so drop in and get acquainted. It's the first step to owning a fine Schwinn bicycle of your own.YOUR FACTORY AUTHORIZED SCHWINN DEALER PLEDGE:
Your new Schwinn bike will be assembled, adjusted, and ready-to-ride. Retail price includes assembly.
Your new Schwinn will be fitted to the rider for added safety and comfort-saddle and handlebars adjusted for the best riding position . . . all at no extra charge.
Your new Schwinn will be protected under the Schwinn Guarantee- No Time Limit! (See page 52 for the complete guarantee.)
Your new Schwinn will be eligible for a free 30-day check-up. service for safety and enjoyment.
All bicycle prices shown in this catalog are fair trade prices in states where Fair Trade Laws apply, In other states they are suggested
All prices and specification are subject to change without notice.
Suggested prices on parts and accessories do not include installation. Battery operated accessories do not include batteries.
Schwinn Paramount Tandems
If you appreciate the hand-craftsmanship that goes into a fine watch you'll appreciate the quality you can see as well as
feel in the Schwinn Paramount Tandem. A magnificent machine for the luxury minded mature riders who demand the very best.
Lightweight chrome molybdenum alloy steel frame and front fork. Aluminum allow rims, 27" x 1 1/4" road racing tires. Drop
style front handlebars, 10-speed derailleur gears, front and rear center pull brakes, alloy crank sets, and carefully chosen
Available in all Schwinn colors except chrome. Write direct to the factory for full information and specifications.
- T22 Paramount Tandem Double Men's style frame ..................................... $475.00
- T19 Paramount Tandem Men's Front, Step-Through rear frame ..........................$475.00
Schwinn Deluxe Twinn
A picnic, a ride around the park or a twilight jaunt . . . they're all more fun with a Twinn . . . responsive 5-speed
gears help make the ride almost effortless and the hills less steep. Low tandem design, easy to mount . . . chrome fenders,
26" x 1 3/8" nylon cord tires, front caliper and rear internal expander brake.
Choice of colors: Campus green, Burgundy, or Kool Lemon.
- T13-9 Delux Twinn Tandem .................... $142.95
Cycling is fun alone, but the fun is doubled on a new tandem. Here's your chance to share it on the Twinn . . . low
tandem frame for easy mounting, Schwinn 26" x 1 3/4" nylon cord tires. Full cushioned saddles for comfort, positive action
rear coaster brake and front caliper brake.
Choice of colors: Campus green Sierra Brown.
- T11 Twinn Tandem ................................. $111.95
The bicycle that has become the standard of comparison throughout the world. Only the finest steel alloys are crafted into the lightweight handmade frames that form the heart of this finest of machines. Lightweight frames that combine strength and high performance into one. Every component is carefully chosen, inspected, and fitted for quality, craftsmanship, and performance. Hand crafted in six frame sizes, with a choice of any Schwinn color. For full information, see your Schwinn Dealer or write direct to the factory for the complete specification sheet. Special frames built to customer's order at extra cost.
Schwinn Paramount Track Bike
At championship cycle tracks from coast-to-coast you'll find the leaders-professionals or amateurs-astride a Schwinn
Paramount. Precision built and designed especially for track use. Short, rigid, upright frame design especially for track
use. Short, rigid, upright frame design.= . . . feather light . . . for high performance. Aluminum alloy rims, Campagnolo
Record High flange hubs, tubular 27" x 1" silk sew-up track tires.
Choice of any Schwinn color.
- P14-9 Paramount Track Bike .............$224.95
Schwinn Professional Road Racing Paramount
Among cycling experts throughout the world, you'll find the Paramount is America's contribution to cycling technology and excellence, Handcrafted and equipped with the finest components available. Ten speed derailleur, 51 to 100 gear. Wide selection of custom equipment . . . All Schwinn colors, including chrome.
- P13-9 Professional Road Racing Paramount ......$350.00
Schwinn Deluxe Paramount
Unmatched performance that challenges comparison and featuring the option of 15-speed wide range 31 to 104 derailleur gears. Schwinn high pressure sports touring tires. Handcrafted throughout with the superb craftsmanship that he world has come to except from the Paramount complete choice of all Schwinn colors, including chrome.
- P15-9 Deluxe Paramount ....................................... $350.00
Gearing on bicycles is listed as a whole number, such as 70 Gear, use on bicycles for normal riding conditions. this number
is related to the distance traveled in one revolution for the crank. The gear number "70" multiplied by Pi (3-1/7) will give
the distance traveled in one revolution- or 220 inches.
The lower gears require less pedal effort, but decrease the distance the bicycle travels in one revolution of the pedals. The lower gears are used primarily for pedaling up grade or against wind.
Conversely, the higher gears require more pedal effort and the distance traveled for one revolution of the pedals increases. These higher gears should be used primarily on down grade or with the wind to maintain the speed attained with little effort.
To lower the gear on a bicycle, you can decrease the size of the front sprocket or increase the size of the rear sprocket.
Conversely, to get a higher gear, you can increase the size of the front sprocket or decrease the size of the rear sprocket.
On derailleur bicycles, the chain is positioned on different size front or rear sprockets to vary the gearing.
On multi-speed hubs, the internal parts shit to accomplish gear change.
Schwinn Sports Tourer
A quality collection of internationally known bicycle components brought together by Schwinn in a unique design for the
serious cyclist. Featuring 3-piece aluminum crank set, chrome molybdenum frame . . . lightweight with high strength, 10-speed
wide range rear derailleur, a wide range 5-gear gear cluster with 1" pitch--a gear range of 32 to 104. Large flange quick
release hubs, chrome plated spokes, aluminum rims, Schwinn high performance nylon tires, drop style handlebars, chrome
trimmed from fork.
Colors: Kool Lemon, Sierra Brown, Opaque Green and Opaque Blue.
- Model 832 22" frame Sports Tourer ..... $196.00
- Model 834 24" frame Sports Tourer ...... $196.00
- Model 836 26" frame Sports Tourer ...... $196.00
Schwinn Super Sport
Designed with the adult cyclist in mind-the rider who wants outstanding performance and a better bike with precision
engineered components. Test ride the Schwinn Super Sport with hand brazed chrome molybdenum alloy steel lightweight frame.
Choice of 10-speeds in a wide range derailleur gear, 33 to 100 ration; wide range 5-cog cluster, Schwinn-Approved 27" x 1 1/4"
high performance sports touring tires, Schwinn Twin-Stick gear controls located at the handle-bar stem, Dual position
handbrake levers and quick release hubs.
Choice of colors: Kool Lemon, Opaque Green, and Opaque Blue.
- Model 822 22" frame Super Sport .... $136.95
- Model 824 24" frame Super Sport .... $136.95
- Model 826 26" frame Super Sport .... $136.95
Whether it's a trip to the pool, the daily after work ride along the bikeway, or the long ride over the country road, the
Schwinn Continental brings a new dimension to bike riding. An outstanding combination of cycling features including the
lightweight diamond style frame 10-speed 30 to 100 derailleur gear, Twin-Stick gear shift located for convenience and safety
at the handlebar stem, dual position caliper brake that provide quick, sure stops with the touch of the fingertips, quick
release hubs, 37" x 1 1/4" Schwinn-Approved Puff nylon cord tires, and lightweight steel rims.
Choice of colors: Kool Lemon, Sierra Brown, and Burgundy.
- Model 322 22" frame Continental ... $104.95
- Model 324 24" frame Continental ... $104.95
- Model 326 26" frame Continental ... $104.95
Tourist styling for those who prefer a more upright riding position . . . The Schwinn Suburban features the sturdy diamond
style frame; 27" x 1 1/4" nylon cord, Puff tires; Tubular front fork; deluxe mattress style saddle; and attractive coach
trim. Choice of frame sizes, three gear options.
colors. Sierra Brown, Campus Green, or Burgundy.
- Model 620 20" frame Suburban . . $94.95
- Model 622 22" frame Suburban . . $94.95
- Model 624 24" frame Suburban . . $94.95
- Model 520 20" frame suburban . . $86.95
- Model 522 22" frame suburban . . $86.95
- Model 524 24" frame suburban . . $86.95
Schwinn Varsity Sport
At home, on the campus, in town, or on a country lane . . . Selected features and equipment usually found on bikes
costing much more. Diamond style lightweight frame, Twin-Stick gear shift controls, 10-speed derailleur, 38 to 100 gear,
27" x 1 1/4" sports touring tires, drop handlebars, and dual position brake levers. Four frame sizes.
Colors; Kool Lemon, Sierra Brown and Campus green.
- Model 120 20" frame Varsity .......... $89.95
- Model 122 22" frame Varsity .......... $89.95
- Model 124 24" frame Varsity .......... $89.95
- Model 126 26" frame Varsity .......... $89.95
- Model 220 20" frame Varsity ......... $96.95
- Model 222 22" frame Varsity ......... $96.95
- Model 224 24" frame Varsity ......... $96.95
- Model 226 26" frame Varsity ......... $96.95
Popular priced men's lightweight equipped with a durable 5-speed derailleur and a 5-cog cluster, 37 to 85 gear. Single-stick
shift control mounted at handlebar stem for convenience. 26" x 1 3/8" touring tires.
Choice of colors: Sierra Brown, Campus Green, or Kool Lemon.
Schwinn Collegiate Tourist
- Model 717 17" frame Collegiate . . . $79.95
- Model 720 20" frame Collegiate . . .$79.95
- Model 722 22" frame Collegiate . . . $79.95
- Model 724 24" frame Collegiate . . .$79.95
Schwinn Collegiate Sport
- Model 740 20" frame Collegiate . . . $82.95
- Model 742 22" frame Collegiate . . . $82.95
A first choice when economy and value are primary considerations. The Schwinn Speedster features the diamond design frame,
Schwinn tubular rims, Schwinn 26" x 1 3/8" nylon cord touring tires, two-tone cushioned saddle. (Hand brakes on 3-speed model)
17" camelback frame for shorter riders.
Choice of colors: Campus Green and Burgundy.
- K17-6 17" frame Speedster $56.95
- K17-6 20" frame Speedster $56.95
- K17-6 22" frame Speedster $56.95
- K17-6 24" frame Speedster $56.95
- K17-4 17" frame Speedster $66.95
- K17-4 20" frame Speedster $66.95
- K17-4 22" frame Speedster $66.95
- K17-4 24" frame Speedster $66.95
More and more bicycle riders are becoming interested in joining or starting bicycle clubs, finding interesting and unusual
places to ride, or just supporting their favorite outdoor sport-bicycling!
The league of American Wheelman has been a leading supporter of cycling activities since the late 1890's. It's a worthwhile organization which you may want to join. Mail a card or letter to L.A.W. organization outlining your interest.
5118 West Foster Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60630
When you buy a new Schwinn bike from your local Schwinn Dealer he will see to it that your bike is properly assembled, adjusted and correctly fitted to you so that it is safe and ready.
First, select a frame size appropriate for your height. Your Schwinn Dealer will help you.
The saddle height should be adjusted so that the rider's leg is almost straight when he sits on the saddle with the ball of the foot on the pedal in its lowest position.
The handlebar should be set so that the grips are at a comfortable angle. This is usually at a slight downward angle pointing to the rear of the bicycle.
Hand levers should be located near the handlebar grips but not touching them. The levers should be positioned below the handlebars at a slight angle outward form the vertical.
Bike sizes are measured by the size of the wheel and the size of the frame. In the two illustrations, the wheel sizes are identical, 27". On the left the taller and shorter riders are mismatched with the bikes having 20" and 24" frames....wrong when you consider the taller rider is 6'2" and the smaller rider is 5'7"! On the right, they are the proper height for the bikes. The frame size makes the difference in proper fit.California
More and more planned communities all over the country are including a comprehensive network of paved bike paths as part of the original park system. Here in Calabassas Park, California, cyclists can enjoy hours of leisure riding as well as the convenience of cycling from home to club, pool, or tennis court.New York
Central Park, New York City, is closed to all traffice except bicycles and destrians ever Sunday... many New Yorkers go for a spin.Illinois
From Evanston to Jackson Park, Illinois cyclists can ride on paved, marked, and patrolled bike paths.In Lincoln Park Chicago
Miles of inviting bicycle paths, clearly marked, invite the lover of the out-of-doors as well as the venturesome to enjoy the fun of cycling. More and more city governments are answering the call of bicyclists by designating marked bikeways.
Schwinn Ergometric Exerciser
The Schwinn ergoMetric Exerciser is a stationary bicycle ergometer which permits a closely controlled, measured, and
repeatable exercise program. With other forms of exercise it is generally not possible to control or measure the work
load . . . making it more difficult to measure the physiological effects of exercise. With the ergoMetric Exerciser ...
since the work loads are known ...both the program and the rider reaction to the program can be charted.
Features: Dynamometer tested and rated; solid state electronic regulation convenient instrument panel; work load independent of pedal speed; easily adjusted for all riders; heavy duty saddle; Schwinn quality throughout.
For full details write to the Schwinn factory,
1856 N. Kosner Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60639
- EX-1 Schwinn ergoMETRIC EXERCISER.............$395.00
Schwinn Deluxe Exerciser
Now, enjoy the regular daily exercise that helps keep you fit and trip. It's so easy and convenient in the privacy of
your won home. No matter what the weather is like outside, there's always riding fun for the whole family indoors. Ideal
for weight watchers and perfect to help skiing and skating fans to keep in shape. For year round fun or the daily bike break.
Quiet running ---use it while watching your favorite TV show, enjoying stereo, or reading. Easily adjusted handlebar and
deluxe padded saddle for short or tall riders. Convenient control panel with speedometer, mileage indicator, timer,
adjustable pedal resistance control dial, rubber pedals with toe straps, sturdy Schwinn frame support and full length chain
Colors: Coppertone or Sierra Brown.
- XR5 Schwinn Deluxe Exerciser..............................$94.95
Schwinn Super Sport
The girls demanded it, so Schwinn engineering designed it. A fully equipped sports bike for the girl who really wants to
ride a top quality bike. Featuring the extra light chrome moly alloy steel frame. Wide range 10-speed derailleur gears
with 5-cog cluster. Drop style handlebars, hooded caliper brake levers, rattrap pedals, toe clips and straps, and racing
style saddle. Twin-Stik gearshift controls, quick release hub, center pull handbrakes. Schwinn 27" X 1 1/4" high performance
sports touring tires. Fender optional at extra cost.
Choice of Colors: Kool Lemon, Opaque Green, and Opaque Blue.
- Model 869 19" frame Super Sport .... $136.95
- Model 872 22" frame Super Sport .... $136.95
Schwinn Varsity Sport
Want more from cycling? Want to feel the thrill of the control and performance you can only get from 10-speed gears?
Want a smooth, effortless ride you've never felt before? Then the Schwinn Varsity is you choice. Lightweight frame,
Twin-Stick gear shift controls, 10-speed derailleur gears, 38 to 100 ration, sprocket style chrome plated chainguard,
27" X 1 1/4" sports tiers, drop handlebars, sports saddle, dual position caliper brakes, leers and a wide.
Choice of colors. Model available with finder at a slight extra cost.
Choice of colors: Sierra Brown, Campus Green and Kool Lemon.
- Model 169 19" frame Varsity .............. $ 89.95
- Model 171 21" frame Varsity .............. $ 89.95
An elegant Schwinn bicycle offering a choice of gear options and frame sizes to fit the petite as well as the taller girl.
Tubular front fork, deluxe mattress saddle, enameled fenders richly trimmed with gold color stripe, 27" X 1 1/4" nylon cord
Choice of colors: Sierra Brown, Campus Green, Burgundy.
- Model 667 17" frame Suburban .....$94.95
- Model 669 19" frame Suburban .....$94.95
- Model 667 21" frame Suburban .....$94.95
- Model 567 17" frame Suburban .....$86.95
- Model 569 19" frame Suburban .....$86.95
- Model 571 21" frame Suburban .....$86.95
Value priced for the girl who wants the most in ride and style on a budge, lightweight design, Schwinn tubular rims,
chrome plated fender, two-tone padded saddle, built-in rattle-free kick stand.
Choice of colors: Campus Green or Burgundy.
- K67-6 -------------K61-6 Breeze with coaster ..... $56.95
- K67-4 -------------K61-4 Breeze with 3-speed .... $66.95
Enjoy the added tuning of 5-speed gear performance. Handbrakes, foam cushion saddle. Elegantly styled with chrome
fenders. Derailleur gears with Single-Stik control.
Choice of Colors : Sierra Brown, Campus Green, or Kool Lemon.
- Model 767 17" frame Collegiate .........$79.95
- Model 769 19" frame Collegiate .........$79.95
- Model 771 21" frame Collegiate .........$79.95
Correct---The chain goes thru both wheels, the frame and around the stationary object.
Correct---The chain goes thru the wheel, the frame and thru the bicycle rack.
Correct---The chain goes thru both wheels, the frame, and thru the fence shown.
To properly lock your bicycle, loop the chain through the frame and rear wheel and around a port or other stationary object.Bicycle Thefts are on the rise...
Lock your bike - securely....
Always lock your bicycle every time you must leave it unattended. Don't make the mistake of leaving it unlocked and
unattended "just for a minute."
Use a high quality lock and case hardened chain to lock you new Schwinn. Avoid locks that can be easily cut with wire cutters and other such tools.
Put your bike away in a locked garage or a shed. Don't leave it in the yard or driveway where it is a temptation.
RECORD THE SERIAL NUMBER OF YOUR BICYCLE. DO IT NOW.
Schwinn Town and Country Tri-Wheeler
Whisk off to market, do an errand, and enjoy the out-of-doors at the same time. It's all possible on the Schwinn Town
and Country- and you don't even have to know how to ride a two-wheeler. Complete security. Easy to get on and dismount,
too. Features include chrome plated fenders, spacious detachable vinyl coated wires basket with carrying handles , comfortable
contoured mattress saddle, front caliper and special parking bake to prevent rolling.
Choice of color Sierra Brown of Campus Green.
- Model AT1-5 Coaster brake Town and Country.....$149.95
- Model ATI-8 3-Speed Town and Country...........$161.95
Thermo cool, foam line, adjustable cap, non-break visor, fully washable. Sizes Med. and large. Colors: White or Red. $2.95
Schwinn T-shirt Two-tone fine quality, 100% cotton T-Shirt with imprint as shown front. Sizes: S-M-L-XL. For men and women .... $2.25 With large emblem ....... $2.25
Schwinn Surfer Cotton twill, thermo cool foam lined. Alternation panels. One size fits all . . . new and different . . . $2.95
Schwinn Cycling Shirt Fine quality shirt for active wear. Collar with button opening. Colors: green, Cream, Scarlet and Blue. For me and women. Sizes: S-M-L-XL ........... $7.95
Schwinn Windbreaker Lightweight, nylon windbreaker for active wear . . . golf, riding, etc. Zipper front closure Choice of Colors: Blue, Yellow, White, Red. Sizes: S-M-L-XL ...... $12.95
Schwinn Roll-Up Hat An ideal hat with a sporty look. Poplin fabric with pelon lining. Choice of white with red band, or red with white band. S-M-L-XL ...... $4.50 TUFF-N-DRY JACKET Waterproof nylon with reflectorized racing style safety up into collar. Zipper closing. Bright colors: Red, Orange, or Yellow Sizes XS-S-M-L-XL-XXL . . . $17.95
Schwinn Slacjac Perfect for outdoors in any weather. Waterproof nylon with reflectorized safety striping, hood pants roll up and snap into hem of jacket. Sports apparel for active people. Colors: Red, Orange, Yellow. Sizes XS-S-M-L-XL-XXL . . .$24.95
Schwinn GOLF BALLS
Fine quality RAM balls with Schwinn trademark imprint. A perfect gift for the cycling golfer, doz . . $12.95Schwinn Golf Towelstrong>
Large terry. towel , washable, sturdy brass grommet for mounting to golf bag or cart . . . $ 2.95Schwinn GLASSES
Bicycle design glasses to help you enjoy your favorite beverage
9 oz . . . . (8) ea . . . . . . $8.95
12 oz . . . . (8) ea . . . . . . $8.95
A handy pocket rule. Self contained. Lightweight, stainless steel . . . $3.50Schwinn Greenskeeper
The golfer's pal. Ball maker, spike cleaner, Stainless steel..... $4.50Schwinn Pocket Knife
An ideal gift. Flat styling for convenience. Two blades including nail file. . . $4.50Schwinn Cuff Links
For the cycling enthusiast! Heavy gold plate. A gift that compliments an identifies. .$4.95Schwinn Tie Bar
Wear it proudly and tell the world you are a cycling fan and a Schwinn owner.
Deluxe Tie Bar (A). . . $3.50
Bike Tie Bar (B) . . . .$3.50
Smartly styled gold finish bracelet complete with Schwinn bicycle charm . . . $2.95Illinois-
In the shadow of Chicago's 100-foot high John Hancock Center a wide paved bike path travels the length of the city's famous lake front providing a lovely recreation area for northern Illinois cycling fans. Many larger cities are planning opening in town- cycling facilities for the benefit of its citizens... why not contact your mayor, alderman or city council to help develop cycling in your area.California-
Several miles of paved bicycle trails wind their way through Calabassas Park outside of Los Angeles.Students at University of California-
At Irvine enjoy a complete network of bike trails from class to class.Cycling
Is for the whole family with tots safely in their baby seats, the youngster pedaling along behind...Bicycles are for everyone.Illinois-
Cycling is part of campus life. At the University of Illinois at Champaign, portions of the public streets are curbed off for the protection of the bicyclists. No other form of transportation could provide for the thousands of students to move to and from with such ease. Bike paths criss cross the entire campus and adjoining public thoroughfares.Wisconsin-
What a thrill to ride through one of the many old tunnels along the Elroy-Sparta State Trail in Wisconsin.Washington, D.C.-
From Washington, D.C. for 180 miles to Cumberland, Maryland, the Chesapeake and Ohoi Canal Townpath provides a picturesque and exciting ride for cyclists. Ample camping, picnic spots, drinking water, and rest points make it one ot the most exciting of all bicycles rides.Boys Bikes
Schwinn 24-inch wheel Varsity Sport
In response to public demand Schwinn has designed a new 24" lightweight with the same Schwinn Quality features as the
full size models . . . now the thrills and excitement of 10-speed cycling are ready for the growing boy. Take a look at the
special diamond style lightweight frame, drop handlebars, Schwinn-Approved derailleur gears, dual position caliper brakes,
Schwinn Twin-Stik gear shift controls-up front where they belong. Schwinn-Approved racing saddle. No other bike in the
24-inch size offers so much . . .no other bike is so exciting.
Choice of colors: Kool Lemon, Sierra Brown, or Campus Green.
- Model 144 24-inch VARSITY SPORT ..... $89.95
Feature packed from the front to rear, the 24" Manta-Ray has never been equalled for excitement. Now, on 5-speed models,
genuine automobile type disc brakes! Camelback frame, Sting-Ray style saddle, 52 tooth MAG Sprocket.
Choice of colors: Kool Orange, Kool Lemon, or Campus Green.
- Model H26-6 Coaster brake Manta-Ray ... $69.95
- Model H26-9 5-speed Manta Ray ........... $101.95
The famous Schwinn Sting-Ray design customized with an array of special high-performance features! Full floating ride
with shock absorbing saddle and front fork, choice of gears, bucket seat, front drum brake. Rear disc brake on 5-speed models.
Choice of colors: Orange Krate, Lemon Peeler, Apple Krate (red) , Pea Picker (green)
- C30-6 Coaster brake Krate ........... $ 82.95
- C30-9 5-Speed Stik-shift Krate .... $113.95
Disc Brakes on These
Inspired by the brakes on the finest sports cars, the handlever controls a powerful vise like grip on the steel disc for sure, safe stops. Another safety first for bicycles.
Lightweight styling, fast, and responsive. Adjustable handlebar and saddle. Stik-shift. 27" X 1 3/8" Slik rear and sports
front tires. MAF sprocket.
Colors: Kool Lemon, Kool Orange, or Campus Green.
- H36-6 Coaster Fastback ... $66.95
- H36-9 5-speed Fastback ... $86.95
Schwinn Deluxe Sting-Ray
Fully equipped and ready to go! Chrome plated fenders, bucket saddle, narrow line front and gripper rear tire. Built-in
Colors: Campus Green, Kool Lemon, or Flamboyant Red.
- J39-6 Coaster D/L Sting-Ray .$67.95
This is it! The original! Responsive, fast, and fantastic! Bucket saddle, MAG sprocket, Slik rear tire.
Colors: Campus Green, Kool Lemon, or Flamboyant Red.
- J38-6 Coaster Sting-Ray $59.95
- J38-3 3-speed Sting-Ray $81.95
- J38-9 5-speed Sting-Ray $84.95
Schwinn Bikes for Girls
Schwinn Fair Lady
Perfect for the girl who wants the responsive Sting-Ray design. Low contoured frame that's easy to get on and off. Floral
trimmed basket, Sting-Ray handlebars, comfortable saddle, chrome plated fender. Gripper Slik rear tire.
Choice of Colors: Campus Green, Kool Lemon, or Burgundy.
- J89-6 Coaster Fair Lady ...... $62.95
- J89-4 3-Speed Fair Lady ...... $75.95
Schwinn Star Dust
A shopper's delight for mother or daughter. Removable floral trimmed basket with chrome carrier. Low, lightweight frame
that's easy to step through. Comfortable Sting-Ray saddle. Chrome fenders. MAG sprocket. Built in kickstand.
Choice of colors: Campus Green, Kool Lemon, or Burgundy.
- H86-6 Coaster Stardust ... $68.95
- H86-5 3-speed Stardust ... $79.95
Schwinn Lil' Chik
Perfect and petite for girls. Special frame design, chrome plated fenders, floral print saddle, Schwinn tubular rims,
improved medium-rise handlebars.
Choice of colors Campus Green, Burgundy.
- J81-6 Lil Chik...$54.95
Schwinn Junior Sting-Ray
Sporty and smart for the younger set. Chrome plated fenders, improved medium-rise handlebars, bucket style saddle, Gripper
Slik rear tire.
Choice of colors: Campus Green, Kool Lemon.
- J31-6 Junior Sting-Ray..$54.95
Schwinn Midget Sting-Ray
The scaled down version of the genuine Sting-Ray for boys. Sting-Ray style bucket saddle and new medium-rise handlebars.
Schwinn tubular rims. Gripper Slik rear tire. Built-in kick-stand.
Colors: Campus Green, Kool Lemon.
- J47-6 Midge Sting-Ray...$48.95
Parke County, Indiana from Rockville offers a variety of easy ride with 39 covered bridges. Fun? You bet!Illinois-
Students ride from class to class at University of Illinois as they do at schools all over the country.Washington, D.C.-
Along the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal. the towpath provides a wonderful ride in Washington.New York-
Central Park, in New York City is a weekend mecca for outdoor fans. Thr broad sidewalks and roads become a bicyclist's heaven...off limits to autos.
Schwinn Heavy Duti
First choice for newsboys. Built for use and heavy loads. Cantilever frame, heavy duty front hub. Schwinn 26" X 1 3/4"
tractor tires, heavy duty saddle, drop forged crank, heavy duty spokes.
Colors: Kool Lemon, or Black.
- M15-6 Heavy Duti ... $74.95
Schwinn quality and strength. Sturdy Schwinn cantilever frame, chrome plated fenders, Schwinn tubular rims. Schwinn
26" X 1 3/4" nylon cord tires, forged steel fork, built-in kickstand.
Colors: Red or Campus Green.
- L12-6 Typhoon ..... $57.95
The middleweight for girls. Graceful styling. Chrome plated fenders, two-tone saddle, built-in kickstand, Schwinn tubular
rims, 26" nylon cord tires, ladies' frame that's easy to get o and off.
Colors; Campus Green or Burgundy.
- L62-6 Hollywood .. $57.95
A leading middleweight bike designed for the younger rider. Sturdy Schwinn cantilever frame, forged steel fork, chrome
plated fenders, Schwinn tubular rims, Schwinn 20" X 1 3/4" nylon cord tires. Chainguard.
Colors: Flamboyant Red or Campus Green.
- L32-6 Typhoon ... $46.95
Popular Schwinn styling for growing girls in a value priced bike. Electroforged frame. Chrome palate fenders Schwinn
20" X 1 3/4" nylon cord tires, built-in kickstand.
Choice of colors: Campus Green or Burgundy.
- L82-6 Hollywood .. $49.95
Value you can count on in a convertible bike designed to fit the growing family. 20" model quickly converts from a boy's
to a girl's bike by simply removing the top bar. Chrome plated fenders, Schwinn tubular rims, 20" X 1 3/4" nylon cord tires
Schwinn quality throughout.
Colors: Campus Green or Flamboyant Red.
- J35-6 Bantam .... $51.95
Easy-to-ride 16" model designed for boys and girls 3 to 5 years old. Famous Schwinn quality features include chrome plated
fenders, 16" semi-pneumatic white-wall tires, patented Schwinn Cycle Aid training wheels. Top bar removes to convert bike
from boy's to girl's.
Choice of colors: Campus Green, Flamboyant Red, or Kool Lemon.
- J42-6 Pixie ......... $36.95
Schwinn Sting-Ray Pixie
A popular 16-inch beginners bike. Top bar removes easily to convert it from a boy's to a girl's bike in minutes.
Sting-Ray type handlebars, adjustable saddle, built-in kickstand, 16" X 1 3/4" pneumatic tires.
Choice of colors: Campus Green, Kool Lemon or Flamboyant Red.
- J44-6 Sting-Ray Pixie......$39.95
Schwinn Lil' Tiger
The perfect first bike for the boys and girls from 2 to 4 years old. Compact Sting-Ray design complete with Schwinn Cycle
Aid training wheels. Schwinn quality equipment throughout. Chrome fenders, Sting-Ray type saddle.
Choice of colors: Campus Green, Flamboyant Red, or Kool Lemon.
- J52-0 Lil' Tiger ............ $31.95
A new experience to test your skill in riding and balance. The special patented saddle adds control and riding comfort Schwinn tubular rim, chrome plated frame-fork, and adjustable seat post . . . 20" and 24" sizes . . . whitewall tire. It'll be a whole new dimension in cycling pleasure."
- U20 Unicycle .... $39.95
- U24 Unicycle .... $39.95
Schwinn Bikes Are Best!
There is a noticeably better ride on a Schwinn bike... they do "stand-up." They don't "fall apart." The few dollars more a new
Schwinn costs are saved time and again in lower upkeep costs.
Schwinn owners agree... Schwinn bikes are best!
4-Coat Finish Lustrous Baked-on colors that stay on!
Dur-a-roll Bearings smoother, harder, easier rolling
Schwinn Tubular rims double Thickness- for stronger
Crank hanger exclusive Extra strength design
Fender Braces Heavy Duty, Rattle -Free
Schwinn Frame head extra strength only on Schwinn
Schwinn Frame electronically forged strongest frame built
Schwinn Forged Crank stronger, Easier turning
Forged Front fork stronger more Resilient
Built-in Kickstand Welded on Rattle Free
Rear Fork Ends Stronger, Welded on
Schwinn Tires and Tubes made in schwinn Molds
it starts with a light
and a Horn or Bell
Some States laws require a light,
Horn or Bell
Some state and local laws may require that your bicycle be equipped with a warning device such as bell or horn, and a light... Check with your Factory Authorized Schwinn Dealer. He can advice you as to the proper bicycle equipment to meet the requirements of your community. A complete selection of lights, horns, generator sets, tail lights, and bells, is available at slight extra cost.
- 06 655 - Chain and lock set with hardened chain and laminated key lock with hardened shackle.....$5.49
- 06 650 - Chain and lock set with harnened chain and combination lock with hardened shackle.......$5.49
- 06 690 thru 06 700 - Combination lock and chain in colors to match most bicycles.........$2.49
- 06 670 - Extra long 6 ft. hardened chain, padlock, with hardened shackle.................$10.95
- 06 630 - "Big Boss" Heavy duty 3/8" hardened chain and chrome plated harneded lock.......$19.95
- 06 639 thru 06 649 - 6 ft. bicycles locking cable in assorted colors.....................$3.49
- 06 661 - Combintaion bicycle lock with hardened shackle..................................$2.95
- 06 662 - Laminated padlock with key and hardened shackle.................................$2.49
- 06 620 - Super cable, heavy duty 6 ft. cable and hardened steel paadlock set............$19.95
- 06 660 - Combination lock with hardened shackle and 6 ft. cable set.....................$ 2.89
- 06 684 - Heavy duty one piece cable and lock set........................................$2.89
- 06 683 - Frame pump with clips...........$1.98
- 60 680 - Compact foot pump...............$2.69
- 60 681 - Deluxe foot pump................$4.49
- 60 682 - Deluxe foot pump with color coded pressure gauge.........$9.95
- 69 230 - Tire pressure gauge with reset up to 115 lbs..............$4.85
- 69 226 - Bicycle tire gauge, 10 -120 lbs...........................$1.98
- 60 660 - Compact power pump........................................$7.95
- 60 661 - Replacement CO2 cartridges for 60 660 Pack of live........$2.49
- 60 415 - Bicycle tire- Stop Leak- tire sealing fluid...............$1.29
- 60 410 - Bicycle tube repair kit...................................$ .39
- 60 406 - Bicycle tube repair kit...................................$ .39
Schwinn brand tires are made by major manufacturers on Schwinn's own molds, especially to fit. Schwinn's extra strength tubular
rims. Longer wearing nylon reinforced tread designs that hold the road better at higher speeds and during turns. Accept no substitutes.
Insist on Schwinn.
Thorn resistant tubes are available in all Schwinn sizes and styles.
Schwinn Baby Seats
- 01 500 - Baby seat complete with safety belt, foot protectors and seat pad. Folded it serve as luggage carrier.....$12.95
- 01 550 thru 01 556 - Folding baby seat complete with safety belt, foot protectors and soft vinyl covered seat pad. Available in colors to match most bicycles.............$12.95
- 00 005 - Deluxe front touring bag. Heavy vinyl cloth with waterproof map holder and "see-thru" window.......$5.95
- 00 015 - Medium size Cotton Duck touring bag with two side pockets. Pocket size 4" x 2 1/2" x 6" deep. Cloth rubbing patch. Overall bag size 12" x 7" x 7 1/2" deep.............$13.95
- 00 016 - Large size Cotton Duck Touring bag with two large side pockets. Pocket size 7" x 3" x 4" deep. Shaped to allow minimum saddle height with maximum capacity. Leather rubbing patch. Overall bag size 14" x 10 1/2" x 6 1/2" deep..........$16.95
- 00 050 - Touring bag, quality cotton 9" x 8" x 7 1/2" deep tapered shaped..............$4.95
- 00 052 - Medium size quality cotton touring bag 13" x 8" x 7 1/2" deep with two side pockets..............$6.95
- 00 054 - Large quality cotton touring bag 15" x 10" x 9" deep with two side pockets.............$8.95
- 00 041 - Lock and tool bag of black vinyl cloth.......$1.39
- 00 030 - Touring bag of heavy vinyl cloth.............$2.50
- 00 031 - White heavy vinyl cloth touring bag..........$2.50
- 00 036 - Large heavy vinyl cloth touring bag with two side pockets.....$5.95
- 00 800 thru 00 805 - Junior size woven plastic basket with color trim to match most bicycles......$1.95
- 00 781 - Multi colored woven basket with carrying handles (Use wiht 01 420 carrier)...............$3.95
- 00 782 - Floral trimmed shopping basket with handles(Use wiht 01 420 carrier).....................$3.95
- 00 720 thru 00 728 - Woven plastic basket with color trim to match most bicyles, Mounts by straps in handlebar.....$2.98
- 01 505 - Rear Carrier with spring package holder and briefcase hanging brocket....................$4.79
- 01 540 - Rear lightweight spring carrier for 26" and 27" bicycles. Wire construction and chrome plated. Easily installed, the carrier attaches to frame and drop out ends, Front check clip holds packages in place........$4.50
- 01 403 - Rear carrier for middleweight bicycles. Chrome plated with two red reflector.............$5.39
- 00 675 - Wire saddle basket set. Chrome plated designed to mount on Schwinn Rear carriers.........$5.49
- 01 535 - Short lightweight rear spring carrier and bag support. Wire construction and chrome plated installs on frame with rubber covered clamp.....................$3.75
- 00 006 - Carrier for deluxe front touring bag...................................$3 95
- 01 420 - Front basket carrier with quick release clamp. For Schwinn approved baskets. Chrome plated...$4.95
- 00 658 - Unitized wire carrier saddle basket, with adjustable mounting bracket Chrome plated..........$10.95
- 04 140 - Deluxe generator set complete with headlight, tail light, and generator. A must for night riding..........$8.75
- 04 200 - Lightweight Super Sport generator set complete with headlight, tail light and generator...................$8.75
- 04 100 - Single unit block generator set complete with headlight..................$5.49
- 04 115 - Sportlight generator set complete withh headlight, tail light and generator......$6.75
- 05 712 - Deluxe Ball Light with chrome case and lighted amber side reflectors(batteries not included).............$3.95
- 04 175 - Tail light for use generator sets....$2.39
- 05 835 - Easily mounted, battery operated Tail Light(batteries not included........$1.39
- 04 180 - Generator operated Tail Light equipped with amber and red lens....$1.29
- 04 181 - Tail Light for use with generator sets...$.89
- 08 815 - Strap-on safety Light with amber and red lens(batteries not included)...$1.95
- 05 005 - Long chrome plated bulb horn............$1.29
- 05 001 - chrome plated - Bugle horn..............$2.95
- 05 003 - Small brass bugle horn..................$2.95
- 05 267 - Large chrome plated Bugle horn.........$4.49
- 05 006 - Giant brass bugle horn..................$12.95
- 05 050 - Electric Horn with chrome case..........$1.49
- 05 051 - Deluxe electric Horn with chrome case...$1.99
- 08 430 - Speedometer with silver enamel case......$7.49
- 08 435 - 08 851 - Deluxe Speedometer with chrome case..........$8.49
- 07 010 - 4" round mirror, chrome plated with reflector........$ .99
- 07 011 - Chrome plated oblong mirror with two reflectors......$ .99
- 02 801 - 02 802 - Schwinn approved Cyclometer.....$3.95
- 07 015 - 3" chrome plated round mirror.............$ .49
- 07 014 - 3" chrome plated mirror with reflector....$ .69
- 01 010 - Schwinn Approved Bicycle Bell....$.99
- 01 006 - Bell with assorted antique bicycle illustrations.....$ .99
- 01 001 - American Flag bicycle bell......$.99
- 01 007 - Bicycle bells with animal cartoons.....$ .89
- 01 015 - Bicycle bell with antique bicycle illustration.....$.99
- 01 005 - Deluxe ding dong bicycle bell with approved seal.......$1.95
Bike Care the easy Way....
Keeping your bicycle in tip-top shape easy - and saves on repair bills. too, regular use of the proper lube, oil, and polish easy with the Schwinn Approved products.
- 73 200 - Bicycle Spray Polish........$1.99
- 72 020 - Spray Lubricant (LPD9)......$1.99
- 72 500 thru 72 534 - Spray Paint, large size.....$1.99
- 73 203 - Bicycle degreaser (DG-15)...$1.79
- 72 720 thru 72 733 - Paint Stik, touch-up color. No spray- no brush.......$1.29
- 73 206 - Chrome Polish............$ .79
- 73 205 - Bicycle Wax..............$ .79
- 72 210 - Rust Eraser- simply rub on rust spot to remove...........$1.29
- 72 800 thru 72 808 - Custom Flek one coat Hi Gloss Spray Enamel. Available in 9 custom Colors.....$2.49
- 72 815 thru 72 819 - Custom acrylic one-coat, Hi-Gloss spray enamel. Choice of colors, opaque colors.....$2.29
- 72 002 - Cycle oil...................$ .49
- 72 600 thru 72 634 - Spray Paint, small size.....$ .99
- 72 001 - Cycle lube.............$ .59
- Luggage straps in assorter colors
- 01 814 - 12" Long $ .49 to $ .89
- 01 821 - 18" Long $ .49 to $ .89
- 01 822 - 24" Long $ .49 to $ .89
- 07 800 - Sticky back safety reflectors.....$ .99
- 94 525 - Bicycles storage hook set...$1.49 set of 2
- 04 950 thru 04 964 - Handbrake lever covers in glitter colors......$ .49
- 27 902 - Derailleur Guard chrome plated...$1.59
- 07 700 - Chrome plated handlebar in matching colors...$.49
- 09 110 thru 09 117 - Cotton handlebar tape in colors..........$ .79
- 09 056 thru 09 071 - Handlebar tape in glitter colors....$. 69
- 04 715 thru 04 726 - Handlebar Grips in gliter colors....$. 69
- 09 501 - Trouser guards........$ .49
The ideal bicycle accessory to help the beginner get a head start in cycling enjoyment. Wheel height adjustable. Available for 12" , 16" and 20" bikes.
- 02 527 for 12";
- 02 525 for 16";
- 02 526 for 20" - Schwinn Cycle Aid.....$5.49
- 46 915 thru 46 917 - Ladies leather cycling gloves.........$9.95
- 46 920 thru 46 924 - Men's Deluxe leather cycling gloves with padded palm....$9.95
- 06 930 thru 46 936 - Men's leather cycling gloves............$7.95
- 46 950 thru 46 953 - Vinyl cloth cycling gloves in assorted colors.....$2.95
- 49 700 to 49 703 - Canvas back packs with waterproof lining.......$7.95
- 49 730 - 731 - Lightweight back packs with carrying straps........$6.95
- 49 720 t0 49 722 - Nylon back sacks with pocket............$9.95
- 47 080 - Toe clips for reflector pedals with leather straps....$3.99
- 47 325 - Bottle and cage for frame mounting.....$3.19
- 47 075 - Toe clips and leather straps............$2.99
- 47 310 - Bottle and cage for handlebar mounting...$3.19
- 07 600 - Pedal blocks.........$1.19
Equipment for safety, for fun, for performance.
- 08 452 and 08 453 - Deluxe Speedometer with chrome case.........$8.49
- 08 431 - Schwinn Approved Speedometer with silver enamel case.....$7.49
- 05 836 - Tail light with adjustbale bucket. Batteries not included......$2.49
- 05 510 thru 05 512 - Hub shiners with racing stripes and safety reflectors...$ .69
- 05 010 - Triple note chrome bulb horn........$3.49
- 07 020 - Racing designed mirror..........$1.49
It's easy to "customize" with these ideas from Schwinn.
- 00 042 - Utility bracket for mounting lock and tool bag on seat struts....$ .44
- 00 041 - Lock and tool bag of black vinyl cloth...........$1.39
- 08 640 thru 08 648 - Handlebar streamers in choice of colors.......$ .49
- 05 838 - Deluxe directional tail light. Batteries not included......$4.95
- 23 900 and 44 205 - Chrome Stik-Shift for bikes with gears.....$8.49 to $10.95
- 01 414 - Front wire spring carrier, chrome plated.........$5.39
- 55 010 - Junior Sting-Ray handlebar.... $2.69
- 55 002 - Standard Sting-Ray handlebar....$2.89
- 58 585 - Sting-Ray seat with Floral pattern and strut.....$7.50 to $13.95
- 58 693 thru 58 696 - Manta-Ray seat with racing stripe and chrome strut.....$7.50 to $13.95
- 58 683 thru 58 688 - Sting-Ray seat with racing stripes and chrome strut....$7.50 to $13.95
- 58 570 thru 58 583 - Deluxe Sting-Ray seat with silver inlay and strut......$7.50 to $13.95
Schwinn bicycles, and Schwinn parts and accessories manufactured by Schwinn, are warranted to be free from defects in material
and workmanship... No Time Limit, Schwinn-Approved parts and accessories are warranted to be free from defects in material and
workmanship for period of one year from the date of purchase.
Schwinn will replace-without charge...any original part that is determined br the factory to be defective under the terms of this guarantee. See your Schwinn Dealer for service or replacement under this guarantee.
Failure, loss or damage due to accident, abuse, neglect, normal wear, improper assembly or maintenance by anyone other than an Authorized Schwinn Dealer or use of other than genuine Schwinn parts is not covered.
Each Schwinn Bicycle will be fully assembled by the Authorized Schwinn Dealer at time of purchase, and will be entitled to recieve a free 30-day Checkup by the same Authorized Schwinn Dealer within the first 30 days of operation...such checkup to include free replacement of any parts found to be defective, free inspection and adjustment of all functional parts and assemblies... but not including any repair due to accident, abuse, neglect, normal wear, improper assembly or maintenance by anyone other than an Authorized Schwinn Dealer, or use of other than Genuine Schwinn Parts.
Dealer labor charges are not covered by this guarantee after the Free 30-day checkup, except for any labor charges due to
free replacement of a defective or broken frame within one year from date of original purchase at retail.
Replacement of defective parts and those dealer labor charges specified above sall be the sole remedy of any purchaser under the Schwinn Guarantee, and in no event shall Schwinn be liable on any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness, or for special or consequential damage. The Foregoing warranties are in Lieu of and exclude all other warranties not expressly set forth herein.
See your Schwinn Dealer for service under the Schwinn Guarantee or write for assistance to:
Schwinn Bicycle company,
1856 N, Kostner Avenue,
Chicago, Illinois 60639.